Monday, March 01, 2010

Gas Masks For Israelis

Nadene Goldfoot
I just read that Israel started passing out gas masks to its 7 million citizens yesterday. I'm choked up and am starting to cry. For a people to have to prepare this way is a sad thing, but I'm glad they are realistic and are trying to save their people. They figure it'll take them three years to get them all supplied with this basic necessity.

They are preparing just in case an attack should come from Iran or other neighboring countries. This isn't the first time they've had to do this. Everyone was prepared with masks in 1991, but the expiration date has gone for those, and new ones are needed.

I remember that my cousin, Stanley Goldfoot of Jerusalem, refused to wear one. Whatever his reason was, he's now deceased so won't have to be bothered. They had to seal one room up with tape to use as a special shelter.
I just hope and pray that the day will never come that they would have to use these masks.

No comments: