Friday, February 12, 2010

Israel in Winter Olympics 2010

Nadene Goldfoot
When you think of Israel, you think of a hot country. It does have its high points with snow at Mt. Meron where skiing is possible even though it is such a teeny country. Israel is entering the winter olympics in Vancouver with Roman and Alexandra Zaretsky in ice skating and Mikahil Ranzin who is an alpine skier.

I see the surname "Zaretsky" on my family tree on the branch of my cousin's wife. The lady goes back to 1865 to Chernobl, Russia. We'll be sure to cheer for them. I was in Vancouver skiing a long time ago. I remember the great atmosphere and excitement of skiing there.

Israel entered the Winter Olympics in 1994. In the year 2002 they came in 6th in ice skating. With my family cheering, maybe we'll take a prize.

No comments: